Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Saguaro Cactus Burro Creek

Burro Creek area, Arizona
March 29, 2015
3 image HDR: Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18 mm: ISO 100: 1/30 sec.: f/16
Thanks to my new tripod and ball head, I can finally give HDR a try.  I tied with my old cheaper tripod, but the camera was never held tight enough to avoid a small amount of difference in the shots.  This was taken while driving back from Spring Training in Phoenix.  On the way there, I had picked the perfect spot on the side of the highway to stop.  Unfortunately, I got distracted and feared that I missed it and because the cacti were thinning out, I stopped at the first one I saw, even though it required a decent hike from the roadside.  The sun was just beginning to set and cast a nice glow.  After making it back to the car, I passed the landmark I had memorized just a few miles down the road.

No comments: