Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Railey Viewpoint

Railey, Thailand
November 22, 2012
Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18 mm: ISO 400: 1/400 sec.: f/11

Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18 mm: ISO 360: 1/500 sec.: f/11
On the walk from the east side of Railey to Phra Nang, there is a little sign that says Lagoon/Viewpoint on the side of a rocky cliff and a rope.  Of course, I left my pregnant wife behind and started climbing up.  With no shoes and carrying my camera, the climb ended up being much harder than I thought as much of it was climbing up rocks (hands and feet) with the assistance of a slick, mud-covered rope.  At the top, I was rewarded with this amazing view.  You can see the beach on the East side of Railey and the bay on the west  side.  I would highly recommend this climb to anyone, just be ready for an afternoon activity rather than a quick detour.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Oh, now I am sad that I didn't go up there with you!