Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Settlers' Grove of Ancient Cedars

Shoshone County, Idaho
July 17, 2013
Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18 mm: ISO 100: .40 sec.: f/13
My wife and I took off in the morning to try and see some harder to find sites.  Unfortunately, this meant a lot of dirt roads so we ended up not seeing the waterfalls out there, but we did make it to the Settlers' Grove of Ancient Cedars.  This was a little difficult to find as the directions I had were wrong!  Basically to get there, you turn off on the road toward Murray and a few miles down the road you will pass a large pond on your left and see a small sign showing the turnoff for Settlers' Grove.  The park was nearly empty and after a short, well-maintained trail we entered the main grove of large trees.  They weren't as big as I was expecting, but there was still something majestic about standing at the bottom of these trees.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I recently hiked this trail as well! I thought the trees were pretty majestic. I have some detailed directions in my blog on how to get there if anyone needs them.
http://wp.me/p6voxH-3