Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tumalo Falls
Central Oregon near Bend
August 10, 2012

Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18mm: ISO 100: .30 Sec.: f/22: Hoya ND 8
 Tumalo Falls is a great waterfall just outside of Bend.  The picture below was taken from the viewpoint just off the parking lot.  For the shot above, I had to climb over the guard rail and climb down the steep hill and through a little water.  Knowing that I was going to shoot this water and that I wouldn't make it there in low light, I purchased a Hoya ND 8 filter and was excited to use it for the first time.  I was really pleased with the results.  With the filter I was able to slow the shutter speed down and capture the movement of the water without losing out on the colors in the bright sun.
Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 18mm: ISO 100: .8 sec: f/22: Hoya ND 8
















No comments: