Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hawk in the Las Vegas Desert

Las Vegas, Nevada
March 16, 2015
Nikon D3100: Tamron 18-270 at 140 mm: ISO 100: 1/160 sec.: f/6.0
After work, I like to take my older daughter out for a walk to give my wife a break and spend some one-on-one time with my daughter.  We often just walk around our neighborhood, which has some empty desert land on two sides of it.  This day, we were walking along when I saw this hawk perched out on an old wooden sign post a hundred yards away or so.  I took some photos then decided to move closer.  With my 22-month old clambering next to me, I was shocked that the hawk let us get right up underneath it.  It kept a steady eye on us, but did not fly away.  I probably took 50 photos before I grew bored and continued the walk.

No comments: